In 1999 Corrugated Gear and Services, Inc. acquired the intellectual assets and exclusive right to manufacture and sell the General Taper line of corrugated box-making and finishing equipment. In this purchase, CG&S received more than 90 machine tools and hundreds of parts. These assets have been relocated to Alpharetta , GA , and installed in CG&S’s modern facility, along with a group of key employees with decades of experience building and installing General products. Machines are produced under the name General Taper/Gluer Company.
We have already made many improvements to the venerable General line, including an enhanced digital control system, easier upgrades via pre-engineering of channels, strengthening of the lifts, and development of a patented pop-up alignment gate that automatically ensures that your boxes are square when joining two-piece boxes or extremely long panel cartons.
We make box joining equipment in various configurations:
- 9' - 12' - 14' - 16' wide frames for blanks up to 384 inches!
- Tape, Hot-melt glue, and/or cold-set glue are available (in any combination)
- One-piece and two-piece box joining options
- In-feed heights configured to your needs
Also available for your existing General machine:
- Replacement Program to replace channels, rollers, tape heads - well, everything inside the frames!
- Electronic Upgrade to replace limit switches with an Allen Bradley PLC with touch screen interface for fast, accurate set-ups and running.
- Full line of parts and assemblies including new tape heads.
The incomparable 16ft BIG MOUTH (shown) is capable of running 2-piece boxes in a single pass, or 2 small box orders at the same time!
Proudly made in the USA!
With over 70 years of experience, we really know how to "Seal the Deal"