In 1999 Corrugated Gear and Services, Inc. acquired the intellectual assets and exclusive right to manufacture and sell the General Taper line of corrugated box-making and finishing equipment. In this purchase, CG&S received more than 90 machine tools and hundreds of parts. These assets have been relocated to Alpharetta , GA , and installed in CG&S’s modern facility, along with a group of key employees with decades of experience building and installing General products. Machines are produced under the name General Taper/Gluer Company.
We have already made many improvements to the venerable General line, including an enhanced digital control system, easier upgrades via pre-engineering of channels, strengthening of the lifts, and development of a patented pop-up alignment gate that automatically ensures that your boxes are square when joining two-piece boxes or extremely long panel cartons.
We make box joining equipment in various configurations:
- 9' - 12' - 14' - 16' wide frames for blanks up to 384 inches!
- Tape, Hot-melt glue, and/or cold-set glue are available (in any combination)
- One-piece and two-piece box joining options
- In-feed heights configured to your needs
Also available for your existing General machine:
- Replacement Program to replace channels, rollers, tape heads - well, everything inside the frames!
- Electronic Upgrade to replace limit switches with an Allen Bradley PLC with touch screen interface for fast, accurate set-ups and running.
- Full line of parts and assemblies including new tape heads.
The incomparable 16ft BIG MOUTH (shown) is capable of running 2-piece boxes in a single pass, or 2 small box orders at the same time!
Proudly made in the USA!
With over 70 years of experience, we really know how to "Seal the Deal"
NEED NEW ROLLERS?
Check HERE for part numbers and sizes